Sunday 21 November 2010

End Of Module Self-Evaluation


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
Firstly, the illustrator tutorials have been really helpful due to the fact that I hadn't had much experience using it. Im now using illustrator with more confidence within the briefs. Secondly, the course has helped with my time keeping. Its slowly improving (I'm getting the hang of it!). Already Im getting better at evalutaing my own work, which has always been quite difficult. I'd say the crits have helped with this, as you begin to look at your work in a different way.

2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
Since being on the course, I've used the library a lot of the time for my research. Seeing other designers work and ideas definately allows you to have a more informed and  greater understanding on the design development process. 

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I'd say one of my strengths would be that I tend to develop an idea quite soon in the development period, allowing me to develop towards a final piece. 

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
My first weakness would probably be with indecision, as in although I can develop an idea reasonably quickly, I tend to change my mind half way through. Which leads onto the second weakness of time keeping. I think I'll seek help from student advice, just to make sure I can stay on top of things!

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1) Instead of jumping straight into things, I need to do more design sheets & sketchbook work. I tend to roll with something too soon, sometimes without noting what it is exactly that I plan to do.
2) Be more time efficient! This includes getting more work done earlier on so I can stay on top of my work. Just need that bit of clarity & order.
3)I could probably due with more designer research, simply because it broadens you're development & you gain a greater knowledge in the subject area.
4) Not get the flu! Getting the flu effected my beginning progress in the course, although I seem to be on top of my work now, it has effected my attendance level quite a bit so hopefully that can built up again!
5)General better management of time. It would really help to keep organised, meaning no problems with creating a final piece.

Attendance - 1/2 (due to circumstances)
Punctuality - 3/4
Motivation - 4
Commitment - 5
Quantity of work produced - 3
Quality of work produced - 3/4
Contribution to the group - 3/4