Tuesday 27 September 2011

Concept & Rational


  • What are you trying to communicate? An idea, a concept, a message a lifestyle......?
  • Who are you trying to communicate to? Why and what do you want to achieve?
  • How will you use print design and production methods to achieve this?
  • What is already out there and how can you adapt, modify, reuse or respond to it?
WHAT
As photography has become so digital-based, I want people to try out/be informed about photographic film. I aim to encourage the use of film cameras and to help people develop an appreciation for the photographic process. 
WHO
This is for anyone who has a passion for film cameras. I will also direct this at people who wish to learn more about photography and the process development. 
HOW
I'd like to use packaging and promotion within this brief with sophisticated design. As I'm trying to promote the traditional dark room printing methods, I'd like to look into a natural/antique based colour palette.
WHAT
At the moment there's a lot of design based on digital photography and I'd really like to create a more traditional feel to the product design. Also, I don't feel like the packaging around today really encourages/sells photography and so I'll look into how this can be done through design.

CONCEPT
I aim to encourage the use of photographic film and to help people develop an appreciation for the photographic process...
RATIONAL
...by using informative yet sophisticated design with packaging and promotion.