Tuesday 30 October 2012

logo change

After having another look at the logo I decided to play around with reflection as I felt the design needed to suit the concept behind the clothing label who base their garments on kaleidoscope imagery. In order to do this I needed to manipulate the typeface and see what I could come up with through experimentation.

The typeface was changed from didot to baskerville old face as it added a bit more weight and I felt visually it was more appealing, as well as adding a bit of femininity. I began reflecting the 'e' but I wasn't satisfied with it as a logo. Although it's appropriate (as they use butterfly designs in their clothing and the shape is quite symbolic of that) I felt like it almost looked slightly cheap.
















After some fiddling around I came up with this ampersand design with I felt represented me and thee clothing aswell keeping that sophistication in the logo design. The 't' also needed manipulating in order to create balance within the composition.






















final logo design for me & thee: